Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cookies

Saturday morning I bought 10 boxes of girl scout cookies. Why 10? Because I love girl scout cookies. I used to get excited every time a coworker would come by with the order form. Or when a uniformed girl scout would come knock at the door while her mom stood patiently at the curb. Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs ... you have to buy them in multiples cause only 12 cookies come in a box and at $3.50 a box that is highway robbery. But I can't help myself.

One of the selling points is that they freeze so well.

Freeze?

I bought 10 boxes on Saturday. You know how many boxes are left today on Tuesday?

None!

Good thing I snagged three of those boxes for my snack drawer at work. :)

6 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

I love Samoas...and the cold thin mints are awesome.
I've been living in NYC for going on 4 years now and I have never seen a girl scout. I order mine from the headquarters down on 23rd St. How wack is that!?! Takes all the tradition out of it and now makes it feel like grocery shopping.

Bballmom said...

I ordered 6 boxes from one girl scout and 4 from another. I love the tagalongs. And I have to hid them from the 6'10" kid.
Hopefully he won't eat mine. I heard him say he ordered his own from girls at school.

LadyLee said...

I ordered 3 boxes. I love those shortbread cookies.

But I am STILL tripping on the fact that girl scout cookies use to cost 2 bucks back in the day. Now $3.50?? I need those old prices back!

Bballmom said...

I really need those old prices back. We pay $4.00 here in Cali.

lyre said...

I was asked if i wanted any and I flat out said it..NO! If I bought and ate 10 boxes of cookies, I'd blow up like a girl schout tent!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I have done a dayum good of avoiding the Cookie Ninjas. Girl Scouts are the devil.

I know.

I use to be one...and you were NOT getting past me!