Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Don't Care What You Say ...

43 year old hips are not supposed to hurt.

It's 11:49 and I can't sleep because my hip hurts. My hip! What the heck is that about. I got up and walked around, rubbed it, shook it ...

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I sat in a conference room for seven hours today framing the roles and responsibilities of each department in the company. Actually, we only got through three departments ... we ran out of time so we have to reschedule to finish the rest.

Maybe I just need more exercise. Who am I kidding? In order to need more of something that would imply that there is some to begin with. Who was the kid who said, "Please sir, may I have some more..." when he ran out of oatmeal or porridge or whatever. Anyway, my point is I don't need more exercise ... I need exercise.

Do you know what dentist's charge for crowns? Give up? $900! Per crown! I need two but he wants to give me four ... scratch that ... he doesn't want to give me anything.

Recent heavy winds and rain have created the need for repairs to my fence in the backyard.

And, if I don't figure out what I'm going to do with this hair, I'm going to cut it all off.

I sound like an old, complaining shrew. But I'm not. I'm only 43.

And 43 year old hips are not supposed to hurt.

3 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

Dentist are the mob... I swear it.

...I would have thought about that profession had it not been for the fact that halitosis exist.

ummm, 43 is to young for Boniva...get that hip checked out.

lyre said...

Mine has been hurtin' since I started seeing UM. That was about 8 years ago. I think that would make me about....43 at the time! And it STILL hurts on the right side. My doctor gave me a prescript but I feel like you about them. I just exercise and keep it movin. You learn to live with it.

Sharon shares said...

I need a dental implant myself to replace a root canal gone terribly wrong. My friendly mafia dentist is preparing to gouge me personally for $4000 because implants are not covered even partially by my plan. My dental insurance plan considers bridges to be therapeutic even though they require that the two perfectly healthy teeth on either side of the gap requiring the implant be drilled down to accommodate the bridge. Dental implants on the other hand which would fill the gap without damaging healthy teeth are NOT considered therapeutic, but COSMETIC!!! So please don't get me started!

You already know my position on black women's hair, and last but certainly not least, please get that hip checked out!