Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hump Day

Is it still considered "hump day" when you are on vacation?

I love having my days to myself and exercising the option to do or not do whatever the hell I please. What have I done so far, you may be asking. Or not ...

Monday - I still got up early just to make sure the kiddies got out of here on time. Once they were gone I showered and dressed. Did some reading. Practiced my piano. Read some blogs. I went to the store and bought a new bra and a six-pack of socks. I went to De.pot and bought a globe for my bedroom ceiling fan because my guy accidentally shattered the old one with his guitar. Paid some bills. I made dinner for the kids and then went out to have dinner with my man. During dinner we got into a stupid argument which we soon squashed, came back to my house and watched the Wi.ld. Very cool movie.

Tuesday - Got up early so I could be at the dentist's office at 8:00 a.m. so he could torture me for two hours. Oh joy. Afterwards I came home and took a nap. Me and my sweetie had lunch together and I celebrated my month of sobriety with three martinis, fried oysters, onion rings and rice pilaf. Those martinis were the best martinis ever. Ever!! Maybe it was because we started drinking so early in the day but when we returned to my house we promptly fell asleep on the couch for a few hours. We woke up restless and hungover. What a couple of lightweights! After a few more hours of doing nothing he decided he was hungry so we went out to eat again. I had one more martini for good measure, a salad and a bowl of soup. Came back home and ended the evening with Guy and The reruns.

Wednesday - Up early again. Made a big breakfast and watched a Wo.od.y Al.le.n movie called Melinda and Melinda -- pretty good. Afterwards I spoke to my sister for a while about the perils of raising teenagers (she has three), whether or not to drink Merlot, if lying to spare someone's feelings is really the way to go, nursing school, child support and a bunch of other topics. I showered and washed my hair, sat under the dryer while watching the webcast of A Ne.w Ea.rt.h. Read more of Ne.w En.gla.nd Wh.ite (I've been reading this book for months and I'm hoping one day to finish it). Updated my net worth spreadsheet, took my son to get his oil changed, came home and looked through the mail and started blogging.

So far it's been a great week. Only one call from the office and I was tempted to let it go to voice mail because I made it clear before I left that I would be unreachable. I was nice and answered the phone and the question.


Blah Blah Blah said...

In 3 days I have left the house twice. One to grocery shop (which I never do) and the other to go to a comedy show.

Now I know any other time I would be all happy to be not working...but I think it's the thought that this vacay doesn't actually have an set end date. LOL

Sounds like you are having a good time.

Fabulous Financials said...

Aaaah, a Lady of Leisure. Love it! I recently had a week like that as well. Enjoy and stop answering calls from work. YOU know I understand what it's like, but they can survive until Monday. Tell 'em Single Ma said "leave you alone!" LOL

LadyLee said...

Oldgirl, I. am. so. jealous.

But shoot... ain't nothing in the whole wide world like vacation, is it!

Glad you are enjoying yours:)

Rosemarie said...

Those were the days when I came and went for my enjoyment.

So glad you enjoyed your vacation.