Friday, December 19, 2008

Stolen MeMe

I grabbed this from Serenity (too lazy to link) because I was bored:

10 Things I Wish I Could Say to 10 different people:
1. Obviously, you don’t understand the meaning of the word “boundaries”.
2. You’ll never know how keeping that secret for 17 years affected me.
3. I really do admire you.
4. You are the reason why I breathe
5. Sometimes I look at you and horrible memories come to mind. But I love you more than life.
6. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to forgive you.
7. I’m glad she left you for a woman!
8. Whenever you speak, I barely listen because everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie.
9. Thanks for being there.
10. I’m glad things will never be how they used to be.

9 Things About Myself
1. If you ask me, I’ll give you the shirt off my back. But you have to ask.
2. For most of my adult life I thought I was 5’8” tall … I’m only 5’7”.
3. I don’t really enjoy performing
4. I don’t write as well as I thought
5. I have something like 14 siblings. I don’t know half of them and have no desire to.
6. I’ve been married twice
7. I say I don’t want to get married again, but the truth is I don’t want to get divorced again.
8. I don’t enjoy being anyplace more than I enjoy being in my own home.
9. I have too many pairs of shoes.

8 Ways to Win My Heart
1. Listen to me
2. Be considerate
3. Be consistent
4. Don’t compete with my children (you’ll always lose!)
5. Pray for me
6. Be honest but not brutally so
7. Pay attention to the details
8. Be decisive

7 Things That Cross My Mind A lot
1. What will I do when my kids move out on their own?
2. Will I ever get married again?
3. Am I even wife material?
4. Do I really have good kids or are they the biggest con artists to walk the face of the earth?
5. Do my kids actually absorb what I’ve been teaching them for years?
6. I hope I don’t have to work until I’m dead
7. ?

6 Things I do before I go to sleep
1. Turn off the television
2. Make sure the front door is locked.
3. Say goodnight to the kids
4. Brush my teeth
5. Wrap my hair
6. Choose an outfit for the next day

5 People I couldn’t live without
1. The Prince
2. The Princess
3. My baby sister
4.
5.

4 Things I am wearing right now
1. Butterfly necklace
2. Badge for work
3. Pin striped black pants
4. Casual Friday shoes

3 Songs that fit my life perfectly
1. Superwoman
2. Hate on Me
3. All Things Are Working

2 Things that I want to do before I die
1. See my kids become successful, independent adults
2. Really, truly forgive

1 Confession
1. I hate the fact that I’m able to walk away from a relationship (romantic, family, friendships, etc.) and never look back. Ever. I can profess undying love one day but if you do the wrong thing you will be written off completely.

3 comments:

Bananas said...

"4. I don’t write as well as I thought."

Interesting. Unfounded, but interesting none the less.

LadyLee said...

Lawd have Mercy Oldgirl, you took that last one right out of my mouth. GOODNESS.

Believer said...

I understand about the desire to have a one-on-one about boundaries. Still, I think that some folk prefer to stay stuck.

#7 on Things About Myself was profound and an honest answer.

Your confession goes ditto for me. I will go to extremes to avoid anyone I have cut from my life story. When I'm through, I'm through!