Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday's Randoms

It’s Monday again and I’m so thankful to have someplace to get up and go to every morning. For years I have taken for granted the fact that I am always employed. For real, I have never been in a situation when I needed a job because I always have one. Everyone doesn’t. I am so thankful.

The weekend was fabulous. The sun was shining. I didn’t have to remind anyone to mow the lawn … it just happened. My “other” son is back from boot camp safe and sound. I had drinks with my sister on Friday night which is always a good time. We always have the best alcohol-induced conversations. I had lunch on Saturday at a really cool restaurant and the food was delish! And then on Saturday night I hooked up with some folks that I hadn’t seen in a few months and just had a good time. Sunday was just a kick back and chill day. I watched Sex and the City for the millionth time, and Lady Sings the Blues, The Best Man and Brown Sugar. I did a bunch of laundry. I got some reading done and I regrettably decided to try a curried shrimp recipe that I stole from a fellow blogger. It came out really good but damn my house reeks! That is definitely something that I will only order at restaurants from now on.

I’m expecting great things to happen this week. I feel good. I feel strong even though I haven’t been to the gym in a minute. I did workout at the house on Saturday morning and my thighs are screaming. I need to get some cardio work done. It’s almost bikini weather and I do plan to put this 45-year old body into one.

A friend of mine approached me with an interesting writing opportunity. I told him I would think about it even though my initial instinct is to turn it down. The details are sketchy but it has to do with some pseudo reality “star” wanting to write a book about what really goes on behind the scenes of these shows. I don’t get into reality television and I checked out this person on the net and I honestly don’t think I could work on this project without casting a whole lotta judgment. I don’t see this leading to anything positive and I don’t believe it would be very profitable. I mean, if it's the right project I would do it for nothing. But if it's the wrong one, I wouldn't do it for any amount of money. I can’t compromise my standards or put my name on something that I don’t believe in or support. Regardless of who is attached to it. You know what I mean?

Anyway, that’s what’s up over here. I hope you have a great week. Remember to be thankful.

3 comments:

Remnants of U said...

It was a beautiful weekend here too! That whole reality scene just doesn't seem to be the way to get into the "business" or any business for that matter. I do have my guilty pleasure of watching some of the reality shows. LOL!

TJ said...

We had some sun here and there. My lawn got mowed too! Yay! I think it is great that you have enough integrity not to just sign onto any venture that might make some cash. If some of these reality people had the same integrity, maybe the genre wouldn't be the hot mess that it is.

Luv said...

if more peeps were like u and Monica we wouldn't have all these reality shows in the first place.. people will sell their soul for a hot second of fame