Monday, August 30, 2010

Challenging Challenges

I just signed up for the September Weight Loss Challenge over at Fabulous Financials.

I have committed to losing 5 pounds in the month of September.

My weight has been fluctuating since June and it's really annoying. Part of it is my own fault. Once I hit my goal weight and strutted my stuff on the beach, I got kinda lazy. I'm still within 2 lbs of that weight but I'm not as consistent as I know I should be and I love a challenge.

The month of September will be filled with posts about what I'm eating and how much I'm working out.

These five pounds are not going to be easy for me. But I need to stop thinking about what I'm going to give up (fried chicken) and think about what I'm going to gain: a healthier body.

5 comments:

Luv said...

good for you...i saw myself naked the other day and i need to get to someone's gym...and fast

Remnants of U said...

You'll do it. Me on the other hand...Knowing what I need to do & doing it 2 totally different things.

TJ said...

That sounds great. I am about to do some new fitness stuff, too.

LadyLee said...

Go girl!

Single Ma said...

Woo Hoo! Let's get it!

Once you reach goal, I hear you're supposed to have a "maintenance" plan with a "maintenance weight" variance that's +/- X lbs of your goal weight. I know I will never stay at my exact goal weight all the time. Have you considered this way of maintenance?