Thursday, September 30, 2010

WLC - Final Weigh-In


There it is. The final weigh-in. I lost another 1/2 pound since Sunday so my official weight at the end of this challenge is 134.5

Pretty awesome. I didn't starve myself and I really didn't deprive myself of anything I wanted. Don't forget, I had birthday food and apple pie ... I just didn't go overboard and I never stopped exercising. There was one week when I didn't lose any weight but I never gained any either.

Thanks to SingleMa for having this challenge and forcing me to really look at my nutrition choices. This challenge really reinforced what I already knew about discipline and accountability.

As you may (or may not) know, this whole thing wasn't really even about losing weight. For me it was about setting a goal, developing a plan, working that plan, and reaching the goal. I love short-term goals. They provide such a sense of self-satisfaction and the chance of getting distracted and giving up is pretty small. I feel like I should set a different goal every month.

I should do something to celebrate, I just don't know what that should be.

Tomorrow is October 1st and the beginning of my birthday month. I'm excited about that because I love celebrating my birthday. Not because I think I'm so great ... wait yes I do ... but also because I just feel so incredibly blessed to even be here. Life is a gift and I don't take that for granted. Especially in October. This is the first birthday in many years that I won't be celebrating with a partner. Yeah ... so there's that ... but I will still enjoy the things that I love. I bought my ticket to this year's wine festival (yay!) and I may begin the actual redecorating of my bedroom (yay!). I plan to get a lot of reading done, eating out and just reflecting and being grateful that I'm allowed to do all the things that I want.

3 comments:

TJ said...

What a great way to end the month! Congrats!

Shawn said...

I feel you. I enjoyed doing the 7-day cabbage soup diet recently. I felt good to set a goal and working to achieve it.

blackice1273 said...

Congratulations!!!