Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reading is FUNdamental

I have always loved reading and according to my Shelfari Page I’ve read 20 books this year.

The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls
Freedom - Jonathan Franzen
For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuf - Ntozake Shange
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Anne Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The Girl Who Fell From the Sky - Heidi W. Durrow
Getting to Happy - Terry McMillan
The Plural Thing - Linda Dominique Grosvenor
Baking Cakes in Kigali - Gaile Parkin
Buying Time - Pamela Samuels Young
Getting Past Your Breakup - Susan J. Elliott, JD MEd
The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks
Shanghai Girls - Lisa See
Committed - Elizabeth Gilbert
Running With Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
The Women of Brewster Place - Gloria Naylor
Mothers and Other Liars - Amy Bourret
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success - Deepak Chopra
Write it Down Make it Happen - Henriette Anne Klauser
Do You! - Russell Simmons
Seen it all and Done the Rest - Pearl Cleage

Whew!

Some with the book club, some on my own. I could live in a book store and never get bored. On my way to my dream of owning a book store, I think I may make a pit stop and just work in one. You know, after I become independently wealthy.

Next on deck:




More Than it Hurts You by Darin Strauss. It’s a novel about a suspected case of Munchausen by proxy. Sounds interesting.

And for anyone who is still racking their brain trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas, scroll all the way down and look to the right to check out my book wish list.

Also, a nice bottle of red wine would be superb. Some of my favorites are: Shiraz, Meritage, Bordeaux and Pinot Noir. I do not usually drink Cabernet.

You’re welcome.

1 comment:

Shell said...

I love bookstores. I could get lost in there for hours. A book is always a good present!