Today's writing prompt from Mama Kat:
List 10 Things You Never Knew Until You Were a Mom:
1. How to function on no sleep. Before I had children I slept really well. And whenever I wanted to. When the babies came, I tried to sleep when they slept. Now that they are older, if they're not in the house, I don't sleep. I miss sleep.
2. How to turn hot dogs and macaroni into a meal. I think hot dogs and macaroni are gross but it's a quick, cheap hot meal that my kids used to love.
3. A baby won't die from crying for too long. I was never one of those mothers who had to run to my kid everytime he cried. At least not once the second one came along. And mothers who do ... drive me crazy. If they are dry and full, let 'em cry. It opens up the lungs.
4. Boxes that toys come in are much more fun than the actual toys.
5. How to plunge a toilet. Gross.
6. How painful hearing the words, "I hate you" from a two-year old can be.
7. Just because someone needs a hot meal doesn't mean I have to cook it.
8. The benefits of Benadryl. It ain't just for colds.
9. How awesome a hug can be. I gave birth to two of the best huggers in the world. A day doesn't go by that I don't give or receive a hug.
10. Unconditional love.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend.