Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day



It’s the last day of February and I have Spring Fever. For me, all things seem to become new in the spring. I am so thankful that we enjoyed a mild winter.

It’s the last day of the February running challenge. The goal was to run 50 miles and after today I should be up to 65.5 miles. Go me!

17 days until my first race of the year. I hate racing and I don’t know why I do it. I don’t know why putting on a number and being timed makes me so anxious. My stomach gets tied in knots and I just can’t relax until after I cross the finish line. Why do I keep doing this? I can’t explain it and I probably won’t stop racing either.

I plan to do a post a day in March. Nothing deep or reflective, maybe only a line or two … quick updates and such. Like this:

I’m expecting a shipment from my wine club today. Awesome!
I’ve scheduled a facial for this weekend. Also awesome!
I won a tin of cookies from LadyLee just for commenting on her posts. Totally awesome!

We’re going to keep it light around here for the next 31 days. My real life is heavy enough.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Happy Leap Day! I have Spring Fever too, but the snow and freezing weather is trying really hard to quench it. sigh.