Friday, March 16, 2012

Thoughts Before the Race



Ugh! In less than 24 hours I'll be at the starting line waiting to run my first 8k of the year and my stomach is in knots.


Why does this happen before every single race? It's just another 5 miles!


Anyway, I'll be picking up my race packet later today, putting together my green outfit for the race, syncing my iPod, getting together with BGR! for our carb load, stretching and then trying to get some sleep.


The race begins at 8:00 and more than 9,000 people are expected which of course means parking could be a nightmare. I plan to head down to the beach at around 6:30. I'm dragging my daughter with me so she can take pictures.


It's going to be a good time. I may be nervous, anxious and excited but this is something I've never done before and I'm totally looking forward to it. It's just the anticipation. I often ask myself why I keep doing this if it's going to cause me so much anxiety. The answer is clear to me now. The feeling of accomplishment once the race is completed cannot be compared to anything that I have ever experienced. I love it.


I truly love it.

4 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

GET IT CHELE!!!! I'm so excited for you!

BluJewel said...

^5

Single Ma said...

:-)

Tee Reese said...

Congrats!

On simply pushing yourself in a way that most refuse to endure.. I'm sure you had a blast stepping up the challenge this morning.