Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Perspective

If you want to change your life, change your perspective.

I do not remember where I heard that but for some reason it came to mind today.  I used to tell myself that I wish I could wake up everyday to do something I love.  I used to tell myself that I couldn't wait for the days when my biggest priority would be choosing a wine for dinner that night.

I've changed my perspective. 

I've learned that if I want to do something that I love I'd better learn to love what I do.  It all starts there.  Once I chose to eliminate the feeling of dread -- and it is a choice -- I began to feel much better about my daily activities.  Seriously.  My days fly by and I'm quite proud of the work that I do.  I work with nice people and my schedule is as flexible as they come.  Not to mention the pay and benefits.  Honey, hush.  The fact that I wake up everyday is a blessing.  Couple that with the fact that I don't have to be in the elements, or lift heavy things or wipe butts ... yeah, I'm good.

I know that everything is temporary.  It just doesn't make sense to get all bunched up over something that (1) you can't do anything about and (2) is temporary anyway.  I'm learning to focus on things that really matter:  my relationship with God, my family and my health. 

2 comments:

BluJewel said...

Amen!

TJ said...

You're right! Perspective goes SO FAR.