Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Final Quarter

We are well into the final quarter of the year. All that’s left is my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas and then here comes 2013. Everyone says it so I may as well say it too: this year has flown by. This has been a full year for me. Jam packed with activity. I was extremely busy all year but 2012 somehow still didn’t turn out exactly how I pictured it in January. No better or worse – just different.

High Points:

The Princess graduating from high school and starting college

Me going back to school

Completing 3 8ks

Upgrades to my home

Big bonus at work

Trip to Chicago



Low Points:

None to speak of



Looking Ahead:

I don’t know what 2013 is going to bring. I need to write some things down and make them happen. I need to learn how to pace myself. In other words, I need to figure out how to stop getting all excited about things and jumping in and then watching my excitement fizzle out. Being back in school is definitely helping with that. I’m in it until graduation but I’m certainly not as bouncing-off-the-walls excited as I was when I started. Relationships are like that too – that guy had me all excited for weeks but when I realized it wasn’t what I thought, I lost interest. I can’t maintain that level of excitement for long periods of time because it just wears me out. I can be impulsive at times and that’s not always a good thing. Sometimes it works to my benefit but then I find myself having to stop and take a breath and look at what I’ve done. It can be exhausting. I’m rambling now but my point is that I have to set realistic goals for the upcoming year. I want to embark on something that is going to hold my interest once the initial excitement dies down. Like running – it’s not as exciting as when I first started but I don’t see myself ever giving it up. I’ll figure it out.

1 comment:

BluJewel said...

Your final quarter is my new quarter. I'm so looking forward to the months ahead. I haven't quite sat still long enough to get my new vision board together or get my mentoring schedule set up and feel like a kid in the candy store as I wait. I know there are great works ahead and as I continue to walk by faith, I know His ways are and will be wonderful

Your list is encouraging and inspiring. Continue to do well in your endeavours