Tuesday, December 4, 2012

There is No Crying in the Gym!


Here’s what had me crying in the gym this morning – literally crying:



This is what you call the barbell skull crusher. It’s an exercise used to isolate the triceps. It’s a little awkward if you’ve never done it because you have to keep your elbows facing front and lift the barbell straight up like this:





It sucks and I cried while doing it. At first I cried because I couldn’t stabilize the weight and I thought I was going to crush my skull (see how I did that?). And then I cried because I was embarrassed that I was crying. It was a mess and I think my trainer felt bad for me because after my mini breakdown she reduced the weight on the last set.

See, I have issues with crying. To me, it’s always been a sign of weakness and I would rather cut off my right arm then display weakness of any kind. (I need soooooo much therapy).

I guarantee you this: I will not cry the next time I do a damn skull crusher.

What else did I do today:

Bicep curls: 5 sets of 10 (20 lbs, 15 lbs, 12 lbs, 10 lbs, 5 lbs)

Front raises: 3 sets of 10 (12 lbs, 10 lbs, 5 lbs)

Upright rows: 3 sets of 25

And a bunch of ab work.

No comments: