Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5 - 31 Day Reset

Today’s exercise had me rating myself on a scale from 1 to 10 on how I feel I’m actually acting out my values in my everyday life.  Then I had to write out ways in which I could honor and fulfill that value by listing actions that I could take (or am currently taking) in that specific area.  I didn’t score a 10 on any of the values.  Healthy living and Integrity both got a 9.  The average rating was 6.4. 

This was not an easy exercise but it is really helping me to focus in on what is really important to me.  It also has opened my eyes to why I’m not “happy” in my current profession:  because it doesn’t allow me to live out my values.  I want to be in a position where I feel like I make a difference.  I want to be able to help people.  Over the years I have received recognition and awards for dong a good job.  That’s wonderful and there are rare occasions when I actually leave at the end of the day feeling like I made a difference in someone’s life.  But those moments are few and far between and what I actually did didn’t actually change a person’s life nor have a lasting impact. 


No comments: