Friday, March 14, 2014

Letting the Chips Fall

This has been quite an eventful week.  I call this blog “Discoveries” because even at my age I am still discovering new things about life, about myself and about others.  It’s fascinating to me.

This week, I discovered, or was reminded that there really are good people in the world and I am blessed to know them.  God knows the desire of my heart to become a Certified Fitness Trainer and begin my business in my remodeled garage.  I now refer to it as “the studio”.  I’ve done the foundational work on the studio and now it’s time to fill it up with equipment.  I had visions of what kind of equipment I could purchase based on my finances, etc.:  a treadmill or exercise bike, dumbbells, and other various cardio equipment.  But God had other ideas.  He put someone in my path who contacted me this week about where I could purchase this unit for less than $400 (retails for $3,750)
With this unit, my clients will receive a much more effective workout, in my opinion.  Only because I won’t have to struggle to duplicate certain exercises using only dumbbells or bodyweight.

I feel like as soon as I prayed about this desire and started doing the work (faith without works is dead), all the pieces just started to fall right into place.
It’s exciting and scary at the same time.

Also this week, my Mom officially moved to my city.  It’s official!  She has an address and everything.  I’m so excited that she is only 15 minutes away instead of 10 hours away.  Her birthday is next week so I think that would be a good time to celebrate.  Again, she let God know the desire of her heart and packed up all her stuff even before she had an address – and God came through.
We are truly blessed.

Random afterthoughts: 
I took a week off from the gym because I overdid it in my training and hurt myself (not seriously hurt).  I needed that week off but I’m ready to hit it again beginning on Sunday.  I can’t wait.

I am love love loving my hair more and more each day.  Once I get a little more length I’ll be able to play in it a little more and when the weather allows me to put the top down on the convertible, you won’t be able to tell me I’m not cute!

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Congratulations on the progress of your studio!!