1. Words are important. If you don’t mean it – don’t say it.
2. Building a business is hard. Creating a brand is hard. Life is hard. Not a complaint, just an observation.
3. I’m having a difficult time making the transition from parenting children to parenting adults. I don’t believe in gray areas but through this process I am being forced to recognize that there is a true gray area where this is concerned. On one hand, everybody is claiming to be grown. On the other hand, ain’t nobody paying bills but me.
4. Hangry = feelings of anger borne from being hungry. I really would like a pizza right about now.
5. I have discovered why I am so discontented with my 9-to-5: I don’t do anything meaningful all day long. I’m a paper pusher and a messenger. If I had a dollar for each time someone said, “Can you go to so-and-so and check the status of such-and-such?” I’d have a lot of dollars.
6. I also realize that while I don’t think my job is “meaningful” others do. I have received several monetary awards while in this position for outstanding performance, which is nice. I guess. It’s weird to receive accolades for doing something you’d rather not be doing.
7. August is the month of prayer.
8. September is the month I go to Hawaii for a week.
9. October is the month I turn 50.
10. I recognize that my “problems” are all first world. That doesn’t negate the fact that I still see them as problems. I’m learning to put things in proper perspective. I have a job that allows me to go to Hawaii for a week and that’s not too shabby. I’m surrounded by people who respect what I do and aren’t shy about letting me know it. I’m blessed and I know it.