Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Birthday Week

Here we are again, another birthday week.  Or is it?  It’s certainly my birthday week but it’s not “just another” birthday week.  This is the week that I celebrate 50 years.

Fifty.

So far I have spent the week doing what I plan to do for the foreseeable future:  work as a full-time personal trainer and health coach.  I have clients scheduled everyday this week, some in the morning and some in the early evening. I’m still fitting my workouts in in the morning and  during breaks, I’m studying, reading and doing other administrative activities to further my business.  Like brainstorming ideas to create a spring boot camp.

It’s extremely exciting and it’s hard to imagine that I'm less than 3 months away from this being my reality.  Actually, it already is my reality – I’m doing it.  Once I go back to work next week, I’ll still have clients scheduled everyday – before and after work.  My prayer has been for God to send me more clients than I know what to do with – and then show me what to do.  That is exactly what’s happening.

In addition to my growing business I’ve also decided to compete again in February. The goal this time is to get a pro card.  I can’t keep investing in competing if I’m not going to reap some kind of monetary reward.  Competing is expensive!  I’m not getting any younger (as stated above) and I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to want to put my body through it.  So this year is the year.  I’ll pick three amateur shows to do – after that, I’m done.  I think.

I managed to acquire a sponsor, Nurtrishop Supplements, which will help with the cost of competing as well as bring in business for Fab Fit & 50.  So there’s that:



I had to step down from my position as Run Coordinator with Black Girls Run! Because I’m picking up more clients and I need that time for appointments. 

Half-marathon training is going well.  None of my long runs have exceeded 10 miles but I’m told that if I can do 10 then I can do 13.   So, I’m not really worried about it.  I’m ready for it to be over though so I can just concentrate on getting on stage in February. 

I have a banquet to go to on Friday  night.  Interesting way to spend my birthday – I get to get all dressed up which is nice – seeing as though I spend most days in workout clothes and Chuck Taylor’s.  I also ordered cupcakes from my favoriteplace for my special day. 

I am so grateful for all that has happened in the last 50 years.  The good and the not-so-good.  I am blessed beyond measure – and the best is yet to come.



2 comments:

TJ said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

onefromphilly said...

I wish I lived closer, I would certainly hire you as my trainer. You are such an inspiration and you look fabulous!. I've been back in the gym 6 days per week since September. I'm trying to see what this body can do when pushed. By January I'll be ready to work with a trainer and see if I can get at least half as fabulous as you by my 55th in April.

Pam