Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Reflections

TGIF takes on a different meaning when you work for yourself from home.  Historically, I would celebrate Friday as the completion of the work week … finally the weekend, and all that jazz.  Now, I pretty much celebrate everyday because I’m doing what I love to do.  My workweek does not end on Friday.  Saturday is actually my last work day of the week.  I give myself Sunday to do absolutely nothing.

This has been my first full week as a self-employed person and I love it.  I have more time to plan and strategize and give careful thought to my next move instead of hastily writing down notes as they come to me and try to remember to develop them more fully after 5:00 pm.

This week I started developing the plans for the FF&50 Spring Bootcamp and scouted a few potential locations.  I’ve followed up with client leads.  I’ve been studying to take a continuing education exam on diet, exercise and fitness.  I’m teaching two courses over the next few months on Wholeness – which focus on physical, spiritual and emotional wholeness. 


On top of all that I am also in the final weeks of preparation for my first competition of the 2015 season.  I have to say, I am actually enjoying this prep.  Which is weird but I am.  I can really see the changes to my physique from the last time I was on stage and that is always encouraging.  The diet part is not hard at all.  It just goes to show that when you train your body a certain way, it will respond.  I don’t have the same cravings as I used to although each time I go to the store I do pick up a piece of dark chocolate and contemplate purchasing it.  Then I read the nutrition label and put it down.  It’s like I think the sugar and fat grams are going to magically change from the last time I picked it up.  But each time I put it down I count it as a victory for me!  I’ll tell you what though:  there will be dark chocolate in my gym bag on the day of the competition.  J Ghirardelli raspberry filled dark chocolate to be exact.



Check me out on the web: (click the links)



2 comments:

LadyLee said...

Go girl! Go girl!!

dmac said...

Congratulations on following your dreams. Being able to do what you love is wonderful.