Friday, February 10, 2017

Oh, It's Nice to Have Options

News on the new job front.  I don’t even know where to begin because (1) I’m excited and overwhelmed and (2) I have probably had one too many glasses of celebratory wine.

Anyway …

I’ve been submitting resumes and going on interviews for the last month or so.  My prayer has been that I would find a full time job and start before the end of February.  Here’s what happened this week:

     ·        Last Friday night I submitted a resume to Company 2
     ·        Sunday afternoon I was contacted by the HR Manager of Company 2 and asked to complete an application.  I returned the completed application within the hour.
     ·        Monday morning I scheduled the interview with Company 2
     ·        Tuesday morning I had the interview with Company 2 and killed it
     ·        Thursday afternoon I scheduled an interview with Company 3
     ·        Friday evening I received a phone call from Company 1 who I interviewed with 3 weeks ago.  This company forwarded an alternative job description which better fits my qualifications and experience and asked that I review the information and call them on Monday to discuss an offer.
     ·        Friday evening I received an official offer letter from Company 2

I’m taking the weekend to review all of the options and pray for clarity and guidance.  I’m 99.9% sure that I will accept the offer on the table, however, since I never want a “what if” hanging over me I will keep the interview appointment for Wednesday.  Company 2 is a company that is experiencing amazing growth right now and I want to be part of that.  I will be working with several former co-workers so I’ll be around familiar faces (who all spoke on my behalf before the interview) and the offered salary is at the top of the range that I requested and the start date is on the 27th.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  God answers prayer.


I took a risk two years ago.  There was a nagging question that needed to be answered and now I have the answer.  I’m going back to the career that I spent 17 years building.  I’d say this story has a happy ending.