News on the new job front. I don’t even know where to begin because (1) I’m excited and overwhelmed and (2) I have probably had one too many glasses of celebratory wine.
I’ve been submitting resumes and going on interviews for the last month or so. My prayer has been that I would find a full time job and start before the end of February. Here’s what happened this week:
· Last Friday night I submitted a resume to Company 2
· Sunday afternoon I was contacted by the HR Manager of Company 2 and asked to complete an application. I returned the completed application within the hour.
· Monday morning I scheduled the interview with Company 2
· Tuesday morning I had the interview with Company 2 and killed it
· Thursday afternoon I scheduled an interview with Company 3
· Friday evening I received a phone call from Company 1 who I interviewed with 3 weeks ago. This company forwarded an alternative job description which better fits my qualifications and experience and asked that I review the information and call them on Monday to discuss an offer.
· Friday evening I received an official offer letter from Company 2
I’m taking the weekend to review all of the options and pray for clarity and guidance. I’m 99.9% sure that I will accept the offer on the table, however, since I never want a “what if” hanging over me I will keep the interview appointment for Wednesday. Company 2 is a company that is experiencing amazing growth right now and I want to be part of that. I will be working with several former co-workers so I’ll be around familiar faces (who all spoke on my behalf before the interview) and the offered salary is at the top of the range that I requested and the start date is on the 27th.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel. God answers prayer.
I took a risk two years ago. There was a nagging question that needed to be answered and now I have the answer. I’m going back to the career that I spent 17 years building. I’d say this story has a happy ending.