Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer is Here!





Yes darling, summer 2017 is here.  My most favorite time of the year and I plan to make the most of it.  Finally, after several months of uncertainty I am settled into my new job – not yet in my permanent office – and I am ready to exhale.

I love summer so much.  We can’t seem to shake the rain but the fact remains that it is summer!  Long, lazy days, the beach, white wine, sundresses, driving with the top down.  In the past, I have allowed the summer to get away from me without truly enjoying it.  Not this year.  I am going to enjoy summer 2017 on purpose.  Here are a few things that I plan to do this season: 

·       Vacation in Myrtle Beach.  I’ve never been and this will be the first vacation I’ve taken since 2014 when I visited Hawaii.  I’ll be in MB for a full week with the Princess and while I don’t have definite plans on what we’ll do once we get there I’m sure there will be plenty of sun bathing, shopping, eating and drinking.

·       If the rain ever stops I’m going to get outside and run.  I feel like I’ve lost some of my mojo because my runs are hit or miss.

·       Have a summer romance.  Why not?

·       I haven’t planned this yet but I would love to go back to Charlottesville and visit two of my favorite wineries:  King Family and Veritas. 

It’s hard to explain but I finally feel human again.  All the struggling I did in 2016 really took its toll on me in every way imaginable.  I’ve learned some valuable lessons and one of them is to enjoy every single God-given day.   I want to be a participant in my life not a spectator. 

No comments: