Monday, August 21, 2017

Has it Been a Year Already?


 
Starting out, I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect.  Meeting new people that you truly connect with is not an easy process and is not for the squeamish.  I went in with my eyes open and luckily, I know exactly what I want (and what I don’t want) and I’m able to make decisions quickly and bounce if necessary.  I have met some interesting characters over the past year and I would love to write a short story and detail each and every experience but ain’t nobody got time for that so here is a brief breakdown:

In one year, utilizing two dating sites I was able to connect with 8 men between the ages of 48 and 61.

·       7 received my phone number

·       4 were met in person

·       The first guy I discussed in the linked post above.  I knew after one date that it wasn’t going to work out.

·       The second guy I dated for six months.  I knew it wasn’t going anywhere but at that point I really just wanted to date someone.  I had to get started and he was nice, attractive and he lived close to me.  When it got to the point where I felt disappointed more often than I felt happy it was time to bounce, so I did.

·       I went out with the third guy four times over a two-week period and decided it wasn’t going to work.

·       I’ve been dating the fourth guy for the past two months.

Here’s the story on the other 4:

·       One was just a texter and apparently never learned to dial a phone

·       One scared too easily … I suggested talking on the phone too quickly and he disappeared

·       One tried to use scripture to manipulate me

·       The last one was really nice but we couldn’t convert the telephone conversation to a face-to-face.  Plus, he was separated (not divorced) and he was raising 3 teenagers (no time for me).

There are pros and cons to online dating.  From my perspective, more pros then cons.  I honestly do not know how else I would meet men if it weren’t for online dating.  It’s not really that expensive – between the two sites over 12 months I spent about $131 or roughly $11/month.  Not bad I guess.

I am having a good time.  I like dating but re-telling my story over and over again is exhausting.  I’ll do it though.  I’ll tell it as many times as I have to because the days of settling are over.  I have definitely learned patience through this process.  The good news is, I’m perfectly happy with myself and the “right” guy will simply add to that.  I have nothing to lose.

 

No comments: