Thursday, November 2, 2017

Back to Basics




I’m playing with the idea of running again.  I haven’t run in a good long while.  Mainly because I need new running shoes and I’ve been too lazy to get them.  For some reason, I’m starting to miss being part of the running community.  I kind of want to get back to it.  I kind of want to start now.  I hate running in the cold but there was a time when I would run no matter what the weather.  It could be cold, it could be raining, it could be in the middle of a heatwave … I’d be out there.  I’ve gotten complacent and I don’t like it.  I love lifting weights and would rather do that than anything but running was always my first love and I miss it.  I'm even considering training for a half marathon.  I tried it before and gave up.  Thirteen miles is far -- especially in the cold.  I bet I could do it this time.  But do I want to?  I've gotten way too comfortable in my fitness routine.  I need to shake things up. 


No comments: