Monday, July 9, 2018

Independence Day Activities

             



I got together with some of the ladies from BGR! and participated in the annual Independence Day 5k race at the Mt. Trashmore YMCA.  The race started at 7:30am and it was already close to 80 degrees.  I was able to complete the 3.1 miles in 32 minutes. 

A few things I've noticed with my running: (1) I run faster with a group.  (2) I run faster without music (3) I actually prefer running in the cold even though I despise the cold weather.  At least when it's cold I can warm up and properly cool down.  While training in the heat, you start out hot and only get hotter and it takes forever to cool down. I'm still a summer girl though and I will always prefer the beach to the mountains -- as long as I'm not exercising. 

No comments: