Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thievery

I’m a thief.

I admit it. It’s raining and I don’t think the sun is going to show up for another four or five days. I’m down in the dumps but when I read Ms. Blu’s blog post about things that made her smile … it made me smile. So I got to thinking … there must be some things in my own life that made me smile this week. So here they are:

Date night at a local pizza joint. Simple and fun. It’s not about the place, it’s all about the company.

Waking up this morning knowing that it was my last day of the work week!

Sex and the City on DVD

The look on my sweetie’s face when I asked him, “Are you even on a diet?” He needs to work on his willpower.

My son wants me to meet his new love interest, but cautioned me not to say anything embarrassing.

My daughter's math teacher told me she was "delightful".

Knowing that my weekend getaway is only two short weeks away
Watching my son and daughter move from hating each other to actually liking each other. Love can’t be far off.

Hearing “I appreciate you”

New episodes of The Office and Grey’s Anatomy.

8 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

Ooooh weeeee...you better not embarrass that boy! LOL

Blu Jewel said...

flattered that you "stole" my post idea and that it was an inspiration for you.

it's a great list and you've got much to smile about.

love!

lyre said...

The new season of 24! That makes me smile.

Gammy's lil Nman makes me smile too!

TJ said...

Your son and daughter actually like each other? I have hope. :)

princessdominique said...

Now I'm going to have to make myself smile too especially since I believe something weird is going on with my server traffic. I can ditto the "are you even on a diet" comment though. Hilarious stuff.

Believer said...

Even with the rain, there are blessings. Glad you decided to list a few!

nikki said...

the rain washes all the dirt away so that's a good thing!

what a great list! you keep on smiling, chele. it gives the rest of uf hope :)

Blah Blah Blah said...

Thunder, lightening...and a slow or fast drizzle...can set the mood for some magic. It's sexy!

I have things to be happy about. I really do. It's gonna take my jaded and bitter behind to think of them...but I know I do have happy moments.