Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christmas in October

I have issues. I don't need anyone to tell me that because I know it. Okay? Okay.

When B comes to visit he has a habit of pointing out the deficiencies in my home in order to remind me that "I need a man around the house". Of course, that is probably not his intent but that is how I take it. The kitchen needs to be painted or the foyer should be retiled or the sink in the downstairs bathroom is dripping. Sometimes I wish he'd just shut up.

Don't misunderstand. I do not neglect my home. Hell, in the past year I've had the entire A/C system replaced, the exterior trim was replaced, I've had the carpets professionally cleaned and I have a lawn guy come every six weeks to treat the yard. Since I've lived there I've replaced the water heater, refrigerator, dishwasher and all the windows and doors on the first floor. It's expensive to maintain a house and I just can't do everything all at once.

While he was over on Sunday I was doing laundry and he noticed a strange sound coming from the washing machine.

"Chele ... look at this."

**deep sigh** What?

"This washing machine is not agitating."

Okay.

"Seriously, this washing machine is not agitating."

I heard you.

I walked away from him and took my seat on the loveseat in the living room. After messing with the washing machine for five more minutes he decided to join me.

"So what are you going to do about the washing machine?" he asks.

Nothing! I'm not going to do anything about the washing machine! I'm going to sit here and wait for the washing machine fairy to come by and bring me a new one! Geez! I know I need a new washing machine, B. I know that! I can't go out right now and get one though, can I? Are you gonna buy me one?

He looks at me and says, "I might."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes.



My new washer and dryer will be delivered on Saturday.





I know ... I totally suck.

11 comments:

lyre said...

You absolutely don't suck. It is just aggravating for people to point out the obvious when you have no means to do anything about it.
Congrats on the new machines.

Bballmom said...

You don't suck. You just don't need everything issue pointed out to you all the time.

Enjoy the washer and dryer.

Diva (in Demand) said...

Y'all stop lying to her....my internet big sister SUCKS and she knows it.

STOP THAT! All that attitude......see......I'mma send you my own private email so I don't talk about you on your own blog. hmph

chele said...

Wait a minute ... didn't I begin this post by saying that I HAVE ISSUES???

Hawa Bond said...

D*mn girl, I have issues too. My fiance lives with me, and he does the same thing. He has this running mental list of things he wants to do, and he claims I keep him from doing them all.

Me: "But what if we do that first? Why don't we wait? Yadda yadda yadda."

Poor thing. One day recently, I surprised him and said,

"Knock yo'self out, bruh."

And ain't a darned thing done. LOL

(Okay, I'm exaggerating. He cleaned all the carpets downstairs and up the stairs), he made a few other changes, plus cooks and cleans. Dang. I need to catch up with his a**. hehe

Hawa, author of
Fackin Truth Blog (Personal Blog)
and
Cleanse Master Remix (Health Blog)

That Girl Tam said...

Girl please...you don't suck...

B woulda sucked if you didn't get a new washer and dryer! HAHAHAHAHA!

Crockpot tips on the new blog for you...

princessdominique said...

Awwwwww that's all I'ma say.

Shai said...

You don't suck. Instead of telling, he should have just bought it and called a day. LOL.

Bananas said...

Let me say this about that.

B. might have just got off easy. I mean there's sales on washers and dryers everywhere now days.

Hell, lot cheaper than some diamonds, and diamonds don't have a gentle cycle.

Yeah, Dawg made a wise economical choice.

chele said...

@ Terry: You're probably right and I've gotten jewelery for the last 4 years and if you know anything about me ... I prefer something a little more practical.

Believer said...

I pictured you "agitated" because of wanting to relax and read. Goodness, you were already aware of the problem. You strike me as the type of person that doesn’t stay stuck—you keep it movin'! I could be totally off, but that's my view.

Furthermore, diamonds are nice but they don't wash and dry clothes!