Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Weary Traveler

I'm not a fan of travel. I think I've said before that I enjoy being at other places I just don't enjoy what I have to do in order to get there. The actual traveling part is just a big pain. Which is too bad for me because I'm in the process of planning my vacation schedule for 2009. I want to take the kids to Disn.ey one last time before they decide they don't want to travel with me anymore. My guy and I are talking about a trip to Jamaica with my sister and brother-in-law. We'll definitely take another trip to Virginia wine country. It seems that I'm going to have change my mind set regarding travel. I spent a good eight hours on the road yesterday traveling to my company's corporate office. Why? To attend a meeting which lasted just over an hour, to have lunch, to meet my boss and to get some face time with others that I deal with on a regular basis. Great importance is placed on "face time" around here and that's wonderful but the highway runs in two directions. They expect me up there at least once a month. Next time, I'm spending the night instead of going up and back in one day. I'm beat.

4 comments:

Bananas said...

Don't get me started on travel pain. When you're on the TSA's stupid list, ain't nothing easy.

I hate airports.

TJ said...

I used to love travel, but I've become much more of a homebody since my smaller children were born. I have a lot of travel slated for 2009 too, so I guess that has to change.

Bballmom said...

The boss wants me to travel more next year. The part I hate most is getting through the airport. That just drives me crazy.

I'm not doing it yet and I'm already upset.

LadyLee said...

I can't stand traveling either!