Friday, January 23, 2009

Take Me Away

You ever just feel like packing it up and moving it out? I feel like that now. I think I feel like this every winter. I want to move where it's warm all the time. I want to wake up and see the ocean. I want to leisurely sit on my deck and plan my day ... or not plan my day. I never want to buy another winter coat. I don't want to answer the phone or send another email. I want my biggest decision of the day to be what wine I'll have with dinner. I want to eat and I want to write about eating. I want my kids to come home for Thanksgiving but I want to travel during Christmas. I don't want to work until I'm dead.

Let's rewrite this thing ...

I am going to move where it's warm all the time. I am going to wake up and see the ocean. I will leisurely sit on my deck and plan my day ...or not plan my day. I will never buy another winter coat. I will not answer the phone or send another email. My biggest decision today will be what wine I'm having with dinner. I eat and I write about eating. My kids come home for Thanksgiving and I'm traveling during Christmas. I will not work until I'm dead.

That's better.

4 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

I love Chele.....absolutely love her!

LadyLee said...

Yeah! I like that rewrite a WHOLE lot better. Looks like I need to do a few "rewrites" my own self!

Icey said...

Amen!

ShellyP said...

I love it.