Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ho Hum

I have absolutely nothing to say but here are a few things that are swimming around in my head:

I often wonder how one of my cyber friends is doing with her pregnancy. We’re the same age and I cannot imagine everything that she is dealing with …

I keep many of you in my prayers.

Jon Gosselin is a major douche bag

I have to learn the intricacies of fair fighting

I absolutely hate fighting with my guy – we never fight fair. It gets kind of bloody, figuratively speaking. We’re cool now. All in love again.

The Princess and I get to go school shopping this weekend. Yay! Not.

I work in an interesting field and it amazes me how I just kind of fell into it

Someone told me that I was “awfully generous” when writing my reviews. I didn’t quite get that. When I like something I like something. If I don’t like something I say that too … but it doesn’t serve me (or anyone else) to rip apart an establishment.

I abhor drama of any kind and do all that I can to avoid it.

However, just because I would rather not be confronted, I will not run away from it. Don’t get it twisted … I will cut you if pushed.

I saw something very disturbing on FB yesterday and I may have to cut somebody.

Or I could just ignore it … for now.

I may have found the solution to how I’m going to support myself once I decide to leave the rat race.

My hair is growing.

I’m not as young as I used to be.

My legs were killing me all day yesterday. I was balancing in a weird way on a stool … oh never mind … total TMI

I like chilled Patron

I’m making plans to see my mommy and daddy before the end of the summer.

I love good food but I am perfectly satisfied with picking up something at the Chinese joint on the corner.

Sometimes I wish I could redo my 20s. Actually, if I could have 1982 – 1989 over again that would be cool.

Moving to Boston set in motion a series of unfortunate events that taught me many, many difficult lessons

I love being a mother but I have to pray every time one of my kids leaves the house. The world can be a scary place.

I was not a good wife

I did not have good husbands

I’m a good friend

I hope Whitney Houston’s CD sells millions.

I’m pulling for her.

My feet look swollen

I have to work on a self-assessment for my job and I'd rather not. The self-assessment is not mandatory but it is strongly suggested. Translation: do it!

I’m not cooking tonight

I’ll be in the gym

I’m about to finish Children of the Waters by Carleen Brice. I was crying like a baby last night while I read this book. I highly recommend it.

I used to think I was too old to wear dresses above my knees. Eff that … I look good. Not in the workplace, of course. They ain’t ready.

(Almost) 45 looks good on me.

5 comments:

TJ said...

Go Chele! Work them above the knee dresses! :) I'd probably want the 90's back myself. LOLOL.

Bunny Brown said...

Go on head Chele!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved it! An honest post. It reminded me of a something I did a while back. Stealin' it!

Blu Jewel said...

*smiling* I enjoyed this post!

love to live; live to love!

LadyLee said...

Children of the Waters is the bomb. I was waiting for the day that book came out, and I even copped it the day before the official release. And I love that my name is in the acknowledgment section of such a wonderful book, lol. Carleen is an exceptional writer.

I am doing the self-assessment on the job thing to. Painful, but I have to make the necessary adjustments to be, in my own mind, a much better employee.

I hope to look as good as you when I turn 45. Really. You look like you're in your twenties, gal!