Wednesday, November 25, 2009

at the last minute ...

I thought I was finished shopping but apparently I need more milk (for the pie), more cheese (for the mac and cheese), trash bags (for the mess) and more wine (for me).

I’m at work for another couple of hours and then I’m off to handle my business. Once I finally get into my house I plan to blast the music that my children don’t like, do some cleaning and start the cooking. I always make the desserts and start the greens on Wednesday and everything else gets done on Thursday. I’m still not thrilled but I am looking forward to creating the smell of the holiday.

My ex-husband is due to come and pick up his car from in front of my house today. My son and I were able to pick out something nice for him to drive and he gets to experience the joy of having a car payment. Let’s see how this works out. My ex has informed my son that he wants to help him with the cost of the car … he says a lot of things, so we’ll see. I shouldn’t be like that but I can’t help myself.

Bryan and I went to dinner last night and he mentioned that it had been a while since we had been to a “nice” place. He was right. The last few places were dives. He said I deserved to go to nice places. I think he was reminding himself of that because I already knew it. He’s slipping.

I had a really weird dream last night. I don’t remember the story just snippets: raccoons, my car being stolen, big houses filled with old people and people from the past, lost cell phones … I don’t know what that was about but I was glad when I woke up.

I have no intention of being in the stores on Friday. I totally plan to be on the treadmill. My butt, waistline and wallet will thank me.

3 comments:

TJ said...

Ahhh... Wednesday before Thanksgiving cooking. Hope the smells of the holidays gets your spirits up. :)

LadyLee said...

I just got back from the store. the regular grocery store was fine but the vegan store was off the chain. Everybody was up in there.

Our House smells like thanksgiving already... My sis is making mac n cheese and dressing. I just instructed her on how to make the giblet gravy (this is my job: lay on the couch and call out orders).

I hope you enjoy your day with fam, Chele. Remember, all our moods are temporary... just like a hairdo.

Rose said...

I'm sure that you cook up some Thanksgiving good smelling food that your family enjoyed. Happy Belated Thanksgiving.