Friday, January 8, 2010

Looks Like We Made It

So it is the end of the first week of the new year/decade. How are you doing so far? Do you have a feeling about how the year is going to progress? 2009 started out badly and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. 2010, on the other hand is looking pretty good.

Like most of you I did not make any resolutions. I did make a decision to rid my life of fear and I feel really good about the direction I’m going in right now. I have to remain vigilant because those tests come at the oddest moments and at the strangest times. I can honestly say that I have never felt more at peace. Because I am prone to depression, I really thought that I would need a prescription but I’m proud to say that I am drug free. How does the song go … free your mind and the rest will follow.

I am free.

While it is true, I have made a decision I have learned that making the decision is the easy part but it’s not enough. At least for me. I have to constantly fill my head with reminders of how fear sucks and how much better my life is right now. If not, that old negativity will creep back in and mess me up. For real. I just finished reading Fearless Loving by Rhonda Britten and now I’m reading Fearless Living. They are very good books, especially Fearless Loving (cause if you've been around these parts for a while, you know I have issues). I really didn’t know that fear could be such a stronghold. That’s probably because I would never in a million years admit to being afraid of anything. Once I made that admission … I swear to you … I was able to let it go.

So let me just say this: it’s okay to admit to being afraid. It doesn’t make you appear weak (also a big fear of mine) and it won’t make people think less of you. And if they do … to hell with them. For real. If anything it will make you seem more human. No one can be Superwoman 24/7.

6 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

*Major applause* Love this post Chele especially the last paragraph; you said it all right there. Stay beautiful.

It's all possible!

Luv said...

i am so proud of myself.. i have made tremendous breakthroughs emotionally. but i still have a long way to go..but at least now i am moving instead of standing still

TJ said...

This was really good!!!

This One Woman said...

"So let me just say this: it’s okay to admit to being afraid. It doesn’t make you appear weak (also a big fear of mine) and it won’t make people think less of you. And if they do … to hell with them."

Thank you for this. Every since I wrote my last post, I have been regretting it a little, thinking I hope these folks don't think I'm crazy. Showing vulnerability is a big hurdle of mine.

Shai said...

I have both books. I have read Fearless Loving all the way through. Now Fearless Living I have not gotten through after more than one try. I wrestled with my inner self reading both books.

Rose said...

This post is so on target. Thank you.