No, it’s the Weight Loss Challenge. Today is the day. Day #1. Thirty days of consistent working out, counting calories, taking measurements and taking pictures.
Why am I doing this to myself?
(1) Because I love a challenge.
(2) I’m a little on the competitive side.
(3) As my 46th birthday approaches the need to be healthy increases exponentially.
(4) I will not be old, frail and feeble.
Here are the goals to be achieved by 30 September:
* Lose 5 pounds in September
* Lose 2 inches off my waist
* Workout in the gym 3 times a week
* Yoga and strength training twice a week
This is not going to be fun. It’s going to take discipline and hard work. Self-discipline is not one of my strong suits. But being accountable will make it that much easier. I do not want to be the one at the end of the month who says, “I started out strong, but fell off after two weeks and I didn’t meet my goal.”
That will not be me.