Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow, Cows and Banana Bread



It snowed almost all day on Monday and there is still barely enough on the ground to make a decent snow ball. I am not complaining. Just observing. I'm not a fan of the snow and I don't care how pretty it is.


Some of you commented on my New Year's superstition. It's all about starting the year in the way that I want the year to go. I can't enter the year with dirty clothes, no food and no money. Get it? Good.


I look like a cow in yesterday's picture of me and my BFF. That was in March. I think I look better now.


The tree is up and the gifts are wrapped. For the next nine days I have to listen to my daughter ask if she can open one gift. And she has to listen to me say "no" We go through this every year. Speaking of the Princess, I came home from work on Monday and she announced that she had baked a banana bread. Huh? I didn't even know we had all the ingredients for that. I don't know what she put in it besides my last two bananas but I'm telling you ... it was delicious! My girl has some skills.



She reminds me of my Dad. I seem to remember when I was a kid my dad being able to make something out of nothing in the kitchen. I also remember him telling us that he invented pansit, except he called it "pansy". Dads are funny. I'm looking forward to seeing mine this weekend.

I'm ready for the New Year. So very ready.

3 comments:

Diva (in Demand) said...

*my Christmas wish for Chele is some of this Chicago snow so she can make a snowball or something*

There ya go....LOL

LadyLee said...

We got snow flurries, but they didn't stick. Hmph. (wanted a free day off from work).

Banana bread looks good. Go Princess!

I am ready for the New Year too. 2010 has been so-so. Ready for it to go, and for the new year to begin!

Ca88andra said...

That banana bread looks delicious!