Friday, June 10, 2011

My Delicious Pasta Salad


This is a picture of my delicious pasta salad. It's a take on something I had a work function. I couldn't remember the exact recipe so I'm winging it.

By the way, I'm not that good at recipes because I leave out the measurements. If you decide to try it, just do everything to taste.

What you need:
Bowtie pasta
Thinly sliced chicken breast
Asparagus
Medium black olives, cut in half
Sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (drained)
Light zesty Italian dressing
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

What you do:
Cook the pasta according to package directions

Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet with EVOO and add chicken breast. Cook until done, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan. Cut the asparagus spears in half and add to same pan. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until just warm. Do not overcook. The asparagus should still be crunchy.

When pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain and rinse in cool water. Pour pasta into a bowl and add dressing and toss lightly. When chicken is cooled, cut into bite-sized strips and add to bowl of pasta and dressing. Add olives and sundried tomatoes. Toss and serve.

I love this salad. It's quick, easy, light and so delicious. You could probably throw it together and take it to your next cookout. I prefer to serve it at room temperature but make sure you refrigerate your leftovers.

1 comment:

Empty Nester said...

I'm drooling...over pasta...LOL