Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up

We've reached another Sunday and another weekly wrap-up. My weight loss goal will not be met. Oh well. I can't even be mad because I know I didn't try as hard as I should have. It takes more effort and discipline to transform my eating habits and I'm just not there yet.

The good news is, I'm six days away from Race Day and I am so ready. In fact, this week I ran two of my best times ever. On Saturday, I did my regular 3 miles in 34:29 and today I did 4.5 miles in 53:25. I ran with a partner today and when I was ready to stop she made me keep going. She told me to slow down (instead of stopping) and allow her to pace me. It was awesome. I like running with a partner.

So, I gained weight this week but I ran my best times ever. Ain't life funny?


I was feeling a little wonky this week ... call it hormones ... call it whatever ... but I was not on my game and I turned to food for comfort. Friday night I had Chinese food: spare ribs, shrimp fried rice, shrimp lo mein and an egg roll. Then on Saturday I had leftover lo mein for breakfast and then I proceeded to make the creamiest, cheesiest macaroni and cheese that I have ever made. It was delicious! And I didn't feel guilty.

I know I can't run off a bad diet. But running does help.


Here's the scale:





I'm not going to give up after next week. I will make better choices and I will resist the urge to stuff my face with creamy, cheesy goodness.


2 comments:

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Creamy cheesy goodness is necessary at least once in a while! Good job with the running!

TJ said...

Congrats on the new best times!!! That creamy, cheesy goodness is tough to resist, but you can do it! :)