Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

It's the first Monday of the new year and my last day off. I got up early this morning to start my daughter's FAFSA form. I'll have to finish it tomorrow. I plan to go for a run with BGR! this afternoon at 4:00 and after that the kids and I are going to see a movie. There's a place across the bay that my son has been dying to take me to, so today is the day.

If you watched my last video, you know that I have high expectations for 2012. I can't remember a year when my expectations were this high. I feel like a big ball of energy.

New Year's Eve was interesting. Both of the kids had plans and I didn't expect to see either one of them until the next morning. I had an invitation but decided to decline at the last minute. I just wanted to chill at home. At midnight I thanked God for the new year and prayed for the safety of both my children. To my surprise and delight, they both were home before 1:00 am. God knows exactly what I need when I need it.

Make a decision to enjoy this year. Make a decision to let go of the past and be grateful that you have this chance to start again.

Look ahead.
Move forward.
Stay focused.

1 comment:

bayoucreole said...

Happy New Year Chele!