Friday, March 30, 2012

Bye March!

This has been an incredible March. For several years March has always been a special month for me. I always mark March as the month to (fill in the blank). I don't know why I chose March. Maybe March chose me.

March marks the beginning of Spring.
March is my mother's birthday.
March is the month that I ended my last relationship.
For me, March is the month of lessons and new beginnings. Not January but March. I entered 2012 with high expectations. Big dreams. Huge hopes. It is only the third month of the year and my expectations are already being met in ways that I didn't even expect. I am overwhelmed.

A few years ago in March I learned that I cannot be a vegetarian. Another year I learned that 31 days without alcohol is no big deal.

This March I learned that no matter how good a mother I think I am, I can't stop my kids from disappointing me. Honey, I was ready to give up motherhood for Lent. But God is using these circumstances to teach me patience.

This March I learned that I am stronger than I ever believed I was when I completed my first 8k in less than 53 minutes.

This March I learned that it's never to late to start over when I decided to go back to school.

This March I learned obedience when I enrolled in classes seven months earlier than I had initially planned.

This March I learned that if I take one step, God will take all the other steps.

This has been an incredible March. I'm almost sorry to see it end. But I cannot wait to see what the rest of 2012 has in store. My expectations are high.

Goodbye March!

4 comments:

LadyLee said...

Yay for a good March!

Newy said...

March is for learning. This March I learned that no matter how much I love someone, I must NEVER love them more than I love God.

I learned that God sometimes separates us from others to teach us (wilderness experiences are not always punishment)

Yay for March.

TJ said...

Awesome!

Diva (in Demand) said...

YAY for Chele's March!