Saturday, May 19, 2012

Just Another 5?

I'm exhausted.

I completed my second 8k this morning, about seven hours ago and I am just now recovering.  Five miles should never wear me out like this.  I always tell myself before a race, "it's just another five miles, you do this every weekend," in order to calm my nerves.  But the truth is, it's not just another five miles especially when the race isn't local.  There's the travel, the hotel stay, the unfamiliar surroundings, etc.  It all takes its toll.  Especially having to sleep in an uncomfortable hotel bed.  Couple all that with the fact that since I started school I haven't trained properly and what you have is one tired woman.

The good news is I completed the race in less than an hour (58:26) but I didn't come close to the time I achieved for my first 8k( 52:59).  Oh well.  I have one more race on the schedule for the year.  I was going to cancel but I already paid my money and for me, that means commitment.  So, I'm racing again next month but I think after that I'll be taking a break.  Not from running, but from racing.  Not forever.  Just until I can figure out how to train properly and go to school and work full-time. 

4 comments:

Single Ma said...

That's a fabulous pic! Congrats!

Tazzee said...

Congrats!!! Perhaps you should just look at this next race as a fun run.

LadyLee said...

Running Bandit!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!