Friday, June 29, 2012

Back to Normal

I’ve stepped off the roller coaster and I am happily back on solid ground. Thank goodness.

When I was telling my sister about my date I was giddy and during the conversation I told her that I knew I sounded like a complete idiot. She said she liked when I sounded like that. **shrugs** Anyway, the guy is nice but not for me. Better to know early than to endure 6.5 years of hell trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and in the end to run screaming to the nearest tattoo parlor to get this




Too much? Sorry.

Anyway, like I said the guy is nice but I don’t feel like we are on the same page relationship-wise. It was an interesting week. My daughter got a kick out of watching me taking the phone into my bedroom to talk. Just like she does. Should a 47-year old's behavior be mirroring that of a 17-year old?

I got up and met the girls at 5:30 am and ran 5 miles and I feel completely depleted. During the giddy phase I sort of lost my appetite and I wasn’t properly fueled for the run. I made it through but it was a struggle. On the bright side, I got up and ran 5 miles this morning. Go me!

I’m leaving for vacation in a few days and I am so ready. Ready to not read an email or take a business related call for an entire week. Ready to put on a bathing suit and sit by a pool and read uninterrupted. Ready to eat some good food. Just ready. And when I get back I’ll be finalizing my birthday trip to





Enjoy your weekend and the holiday.  See you when I get back!

1 comment:

Single Ma said...

There's something to be said about following your gut. It's for the best.

What's this about a birthday trip to Chicago? I wanna go!