Monday, June 18, 2012

Other Weekend Activities

I wasn’t certain what time I should set my alarm for this morning. It’s my first morning of not having to drive anyone to school. I set it for 5:30 and as it turns out, that was way too early. I didn’t leave the house until after 7:30 and I stopped at the post office.


The weekend was a whirlwind of fantabulousness. Everything fell into place perfectly and I’m breathing again.

It is times like these when I really have to remind myself of what is important. I have a wonderfully, loving and supportive family and I am so grateful.

Some of the other highlights from the weekend:

Did I mention that I got up and ran an unexpected 5 miles on Friday after celebrating a little too much after graduation? The 5 miles was unexpected because it was a new route with a new group of girls and I wasn’t sure what was planned. Once I started I couldn’t punk out so I just kept running.

I ran my last scheduled race for the year on Saturday. There may be others but I cannot guarantee it. BGR represented for the CHKD 8k


I had a decent time. Less than hour. **shrugs**

My favorite store for beauty supplies, Sephora, opened up inside the JCP right by my house. Oh joy! Now I don’t have to drive so far when I feel like splurging on some unnecessary cosmetics. This weekend I picked up the Naked eye shadow palette.


Beautiful neutrals that I did not need but I really, really wanted them.

Anyway, are you all experiencing this heat wave? It’s pretty mild today but by the end of the week, we should be in the 90s. I need to plan a trip down to the beach. On Saturday we’re attending my daughter’s college orientation so maybe on Sunday I’ll get some beach time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my naked palette. I wear some element of it all of the time. We are supposed to have a warm Wednesday, then our weather cools down a bit, which is usual for our Summers. Then when Fall comes, we have a month of hot, nasty weather. Yippee.