Friday, November 16, 2012

The Plate is Full

Ever stop and take a look at all you’ve got going on and realize that you just cannot take on one more thing?  I’m there.

I normally look forward to my weekends because I have the opportunity to rest and rejuvenate … not so this weekend and probably not for another week.

Friday: workout and hopefully get my grocery shopping done to include the Thanksgiving shopping (maybe)

Saturday: Host a BGR! Run ; head to church to participate in a community outreach project; go on campus to work on Accounting problems with my group; church service where I’m scheduled to serve communion; and then finally home

Sunday: Run first thing in the morning; shampoo day; cook meals for the week

Monday: Work as usual, no working out – REST DAY! Accounting class
Tuesday: Workout; Make a 3-hour drive to a work-related meeting, drive 3-hours back; meet with church members to assemble donations for outreach project

Wednesday: No work. Cardio. Drive 4 hours roundtrip to pick up daughter from school for the holiday. Go to school for Research and Writing class

Thursday: THANKSGIVING. Cook a bunch of food that I won’t be able to eat. Well, I’ll probably eat it but in teeny-tiny portions

Friday: Chill all day until it’s time to go back to the gym

I cannot take on one more thing. My plate is full. If you are not already on the schedule, don’t try and get on. I like being active so this should not be construed as a complaint. All this stuff just makes me appreciate my rest periods that much more. I will say that I’m looking forward to the first Saturday when I’m allowed to stay in the bed until noon. Don’t see it happening any time soon but I can always hope.

No comments: