Friday, November 9, 2012

Training

I am super excited about my training. Training for what? I don’t know yet but it feels like I’m in training. Let me explain:

I saw my trainer last night (see … right there … I have a trainer so I must be in training) and he gave me my complete nutrition guidebook. You know I have never been a fan of dieting or depriving myself of the food that I want. But now I have to ask myself: How’s that working out for you, Michele? Not well. I have not been able to make any progress towards my “goal body”


and I admit that I do not have the discipline to do this on my own. So I’m paying someone to torture me three times a week and tell me what to eat.

So far, the exercise part has been awesome. And by “awesome” I mean challenging and painful. I’m just starting the diet part but I bet that will be challenging and painful as well; especially with the holidays approaching. But I have to do what I have to do and I’m willing to do it.

Here’s my exercise schedule:

Tuesday –       Strength – Shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs
Wednesday – 40 mins of cardio
Thursday –      Strength – Legs, abs
Friday –          Strength – Chest, back, abs
Saturday –      40 mins of cardio
Sunday –        40 mins of cardio
Monday –       Rest

Here’s the proposed diet which is about 1,128 calories daily:

Breakfast:        4 egg whites/ 1 whole egg and ½ cup oatmeal
Snack:             1 scoop protein shake and a banana
Lunch:             4 oz chicken and ½ cup brown rice
Snack:             1 scoop protein shake and a banana
Post workout:   ½ scoop protein shake
Snack:             3 oz chicken and 1 cup broccoli
Dinner:             3 oz chicken and 1 cup broccoli
Snack:              ½ scoop protein shake

When I first looked at this, I was like, WTH?? 1,128 calories? I usually average about 1,500. And if my goal is to build muscle shouldn’t I be increasing my calories? Actually, if I want to build muscle I should be taking in more protein and the above is about 135 grams of protein. The guidebook lists a bunch of options that I can use to switch out certain foods (fish instead of chicken, spinach instead of broccoli, etc.) Anyway, I don’t understand the science behind it all right now because I’m just starting out, so I’ll trust the professionals and I’ll follow the instructions to the letter. This is only Phase 1 and during Phase 2, my diet and exercise routine is supposed to be adjusted. I’m scheduled to get weighed and measured on December 8th, so we’ll see what my progress is by then. I’m hopeful.

No comments: