Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back in the Saddle


Okay, so here we are again.  8 weeks out from the next show.  I received an updated workout plan today and I’ll get my updated nutrition guide on Thursday.  It’s been 3 weeks since the last show and I’ve pretty much done what I’ve wanted to do as far as my nutrition goes.  I had wine with dinner.  I mixed cheese in with my egg whites.  I’ve enjoyed my share and your share of bread.  And I had a piece of my son’s birthday cake.  I’ve also been replacing my egg white/oatmeal combo with a protein smoothie for my second meal.
All that will change now. 

I enjoyed taking the break but my mind is always racing, wondering if I’m overdoing it.  I have eight weeks to make a few changes to my physique.  Honestly, in such a short period of time if there are any changes they will be very subtle.  I’d like more separation between my hamstrings and glutes and definitely more definition in my quads.  So basically, a better lower body.  Which means a more intense leg day.  Oh joy.  I probably won't see the changes I want to see until next year, but until then:
 
 
The outcome of the show in September will determine if I do one more show this year in October.  Don’t tell anybody but I really want to earn pro status before the end of the year.  Which means I will have gone from amateur to pro less than a year after picking up my first dumbbell.

How cool is that?  Can it be done?  I don’t know – I like being ignorant to that kind of thing.  I believe I can do it, so that means it can be done.  Right?  I remember reading somewhere that logically speaking, the bumble bee should not be able to fly.  It’s wings are much too flimsy to support it’s body.  But it flies anyway – why?  Because it doesn’t know it’s not supposed to be able to.  Know what I mean?
So I’ll be like that bumble bee and continue to believe that I can do this thing.


In fact, if I reach this goal, my next tattoo will be of a bumble bee.

No comments: