Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Playtime is Over

I took my youngest back to school yesterday and the amount of sadness I felt on the drive back actually surprised me.  I swear it doesn't matter how times I do it, saying "goodbye" to that girl is not something that I have gotten used to.

When I returned back home I posted up on the couch and didn't move.  I knew I needed to get up and go running, or write something or do something productive.  But I couldn't.

Blech.

Well, this morning I realized that I needed to shake it off.  I've got work to do.

I posted this on Instagram (@chelerene) this morning to remind me of everything that I need to be focused on right now.

What's the lesson?  If you decide to accept the invitation to the pity party, don't stay that long and for heaven's sake, don't be the last person to leave.

No comments: