Sunday, September 8, 2013

Countdown – 6 Days Left

I’m in the final countdown before showtime.  I’m excited and exhausted.  I’m stronger than I’ve ever been but somehow I feel weaker.  I went to a group posing session yesterday and one of the girls said, “My gosh Michele, your legs!”  I wish I could see what she saw.  This process is weird, wonderful and amazing.  I’m so ready to hit the stage.

Wednesday will be my last day of workouts and I’m more than ready for a break.  I plan to stay out of the gym for at least a week just to give my body the break that it needs.  That’s the plan anyway.  Let’s see if I stick to it.   Today was my final shoulder day before the show.  Heavy weights and high reps.  At this point every single rep counts.  I’ve lost all the fat I’m going to lose and now I just want to try and hold on to as much muscle as possible.




I love this process.  I actually love it.  The process of setting a goal and seeing it through to the end.  It’s amazing what you can do when you really put your mind to it.  When you obliterate the obstacles that may stand in your way – whether they be actual or things that you just perceived as obstacles.  This is the best time of my life and as I approach my fifties I swear I am going to make the very best of it.  No more, “good enough is good enough”.  No more excuses.

No comments: