Monday, September 16, 2013

Slowly but Surely

First day back to work after the competition.  I didn’t have to get up extra early.  I didn’t have to pack a ridiculous amount of food for the day:  spinach salad with turkey and avocado, cup of greek yogurt, orange and a protein bar.  I didn’t step on the scale once.  I did wake up this morning and have my normal breakfast of egg whites and oatmeal.  It was a good day.  I like the break so far but I’m constantly thinking about what I’m going to do when I get back to the gym. 

Balance.  It’s all about finding the right balance.  I know that by week’s end I’ll feel like I should go through a cleansing of some sort.  I can already feel it.  Too much bread.  Too much chocolate.  Oh well.  I’ll work it all out in due time.

The pictures from the show are up at www.physiquephotos.photoreflect.com.  I don’t even know what to say about them.  This is such a subjective sport and it’s impossible to anticipate what the judges are looking for on that particular day.  I didn’t realize how badly I wanted to win the overall title until I didn’t win it.  There’s another pro-qualifier in February that I have my eye on.  We’ll see.

I am purposing everyday to do something that will bring me closer to my other goals (outside of the gym).  So today I registered to take the CPR/AED class in October.  That will be the first of four certifications I plan to have by the end of 2014.  I am getting so used to writing things down and making them happen.  It is absolutely fascinating to me.  It sounds so cliché but life really is a journey and it starts with one single step.  Each day I get closer and closer to each goal I set for myself.  The trick is not to quit.  I’ve given up on too many things in my life and I promise you those days are over.  Reaching a goal is the best feeling ever.  I love that feeling and I plan to repeat it over and over again.


2 comments:

onefromphilly said...

I SALUTE you. You look fantastic! I looked at all of the pictures. I am in awe of all you spectacular women.

chele said...

@onefromphilly - thanks girl. I appreciate the support.