Thursday, September 26, 2013

Vision

Never underestimate the power of the vision board.  Rosetta Thurman, the Happy Black Woman says in her 31-Day reset program, "A vision board is a powerful visualization tool that you can create as inspiration for your journey toward your ideal life. Some people refer to it as a "dream board." No matter what you call it, it's basically a collage of pictures and quotes that serve to remind you of your passion and purpose way beyond this program."

I'm in the process of creating either my 2nd or 3rd vision board.  I love the concept because it actually works for me.  Seeing what I'm working toward everyday motivates me to continue on the journey and not give up. 

My first board was more dream-oriented.  This one is definitely goal-oriented.  The difference being that when I made the first one I filled it with 5 things that I wished I had.  So far, I've been able to achieve one of them and I know the rest are coming eventually.  This board is focused on one area and I have attached a specific date to it. 

I don't know about you but I have a lot going on and my attention span isn't exactly what it used to be.  That's why I love the idea of a vision board.  I see it everyday and it keeps me focused and constantly reminds me that I need to be doing something -- anything to get me closer to the goal.

Have you ever tried creating a vision board?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I've heard of it hundreds of times. Now, I'm thinking of creating one.

Anonymous said...

-meagan