Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Funday

Here we are again at the end of another weekend.  For the most part I set Sunday aside to do absolutely nothing.  Well, not nothing.  I go to the gym, wash my hair, and mentally prepare for the week ahead.  But today was different.  I set today aside to be productive.  I want my life to go in a very specific direction and I won’t get there if I’m not intentional and purposeful.  I can’t sit around any longer and wait for things to happen.  I have to lay a foundation in order to build the life that I want and it starts now.

So today in addition to going to the gym and washing my hair, I planned my workouts and meals for the week.  I cooked all the lunches and dinners for the week.  I worked on a new blog for my new journey and scheduled three posts for the week.  I’ve scheduled weekly brainstorming sessions with myself to really dedicate time to work out different possibilities and choices for this new path.  Life is so good.  I pray that I will stay on task.  I have a history of getting all excited about something and my passion burns hot and then slowly dies down.  There are a few instances when that wasn’t the case.  This will be one of those times.

Update on the online dating:  Oh brother.  I don’t know where this path is going to take me.  I’ll tell you right now that my expectations are not extremely high.  We’ll see.  99% of the people that have contacted me are of another race (which isn’t really an issue) and about 80% of them are out of state.  Where are the local brothas at?  I want a relationship – not a long distance one either. 


I saw 12 Years a Slave on Saturday.  Powerful movie.  The brutality, at times, was more than I could take.  Unfortunately, this is our history and it’s important to take a look back every now and then.  For the last several weeks my pastor has been preaching out of Galatians under the theme “Free at Last”.  Between his sermons and seeing that movie, I am profoundly aware of my own freedom and am immensely grateful.  

No comments: