Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hopeless


Dionne Farris - Hopeless

I love this song.  It was on the soundtrack of my favorite movie, Love Jones.  Darius Lovehall and Nina Mosley.  **sigh** If only that’s how it was in real life.



But it’s not.  Online dating blows.

I know I’ve only given it a little over a week but I am so done.  I’m tired of being contacted by men who are more than 300 miles away.  I’m tired of the random “hey boo”.  I don’t want your phone number after one half-hearted email.  I don’t give my number out that easily in real life.  I’m tired of men who are involved with someone (or living with someone) and are just looking for a little something on the side.  I’m tired of the acceptable matches looking at my profile and not getting in touch.  I’m tired of initiating contact and being shot down.  I am so done.

The truth is … I don’t want to meet anyone online.  What happened to the days when a man walked up to you in real life and introduced himself and asked you out for coffee?  Okay, I do remember last spring when a guy did walk up to me in the grocery store and introduce himself  and I shot him down.  Ugh!  Man, I wish that guy was around now.  In my defense, last spring I was in full training mode and all I could focus on was getting ready for the upcoming contest.  Well, now that some time has passed I think I can focus on training and a new guy.  If he’s the right guy.


I think I’ll watch Love Jones again today just so I can experience some romance.  Even if it is someone else’s … and fictional.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hang in there. The tide will turn.