Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Updates


I’m over winter.  I’m over the snow.  I’m over wearing layers and I’m over being cold.  What happened to Virginia’s mild winters?  Ugh.  I cannot wait for the days when I don’t need to turn on the heat or the A/C and I can just open the windows and be comfortable.  This weather is forcing me inside and I need fresh air.  Last week, the cold convinced me that I shouldn’t go to the gym – totally unacceptable.  I got back on schedule this week.  Winter sucks.

Rant over.
So, I’m halfway through the CPT course.  My initial goal was to take the exam before the end of April but I think I’ll be ready by the end of March.  So cool.  Next week, I’ll be renting a dumpster so I can clean out the garage and begin the transformation from garage to fitness studio.  The goal is to have a “soft opening” in October to coincide with my birthday and then have a Grand Opening in January.  I plan to document the transformation here.

If you follow my other blog, you’ll see that I posted about future competitions.  I believe I’ll be strapping on the 5-inch heels again in the future, but maybe not this year.  My focus really needs to be on getting certified and opening the studio.  The stage will be there when I’m ready to go back.

I’m taking a class at church called Financial Peace.  I’m looking forward to getting started but unfortunately the start date has been pushed because of inclement weather (see above rant). 
 It was supposed to start last Tuesday and then it was supposed to start tonight … I haven’t gotten a call yet but I have a feeling it will get pushed again.  My personal finances are in really good shape but I’m hoping the class will give me some insight regarding business finances, since I’m taking on this new venture in 2015. 

Speaking of church, the Pastor is leading a 40-day journey entitled “Knowing God”.  We’ve been provided a list of 40 scriptures for the purpose of really digging deep and getting to know God.  I think we can all agree that knowing about God and knowing God are two different things.  The idea is to read the scripture, meditate on it, pray it back to God and then listen.  The church made special journals available for each of us to record what we receive each day from our time with God.  Each morning the Pastor tweets the scripture and an accompanying message.  I’m loving this.  Developing the practice of just waiting and listening for God is transformative.  So often we get caught up in our own laundry list of prayers then we rush off about our day without giving God a chance to speak.  He has plenty to say and I for one, want to hear it.

I set a goal at the beginning of January to lose 5 pounds by the end of the month.  It did not happen.  I think I lost 2 pounds and then put them back on again.  I’m not really worried about it.  The scale (in my opinion) is not the be-all, end-all when it comes to measuring success.  I’m eating right and working out consistently and I’m healthy.  I will be more diligent with measuring my food and I’ve changed my form of cardio.  Instead of the treadmill, I’m riding the stationary bike and using the elliptical.  I work up a really good sweat that way.  I’m also planning to change my lifting routine beginning in February.  We’ll see how it goes.

Okay, I think that’s all the updates for now.  What’s going on with you? 

 


No comments: